Community Supported Agriculture (C.S.A.)
What is CSA?
Weekly CSA Box Contents
Your C.S.A. box may contain any of the following
*Contents change daily depending on harvest availability.
• Gourmet Salad Mix
• Yellow Bell Peppers
• Romaine Lettuce
• Vine Ripe Tomatoes
• Lacinato “Dino” Kale
• Green Garlic
What’s the difference between a small box and large box?
We normally put 2-3 extra items in the large boxes (small is 12 items) and (large is 14-15 items)
*Please note that boxes can vary daily, depending on Mother Nature and what is and isn’t ripe enough to harvest. If you are missing any of these items, we have included more of something else to compensate.
A Kind Reminder: Please return your recyclable box & ice-pack to the location you pick up.
Available for Add-On:
For larger quantities of farm fresh meat, visit our Sage Mountain Beef website at SageMountainBeef.com
What is CSA?
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
Community Supported Agriculture has been a way for farmer’s to sell directly to its immediate community, for over 25 years. Basically, you the consumer, buy “shares” in the farm’s crops. In return for your “share”, or membership, you receive a box of organically grown, 100% local, seasonal produce.
What will be in my CSA box?
Your box will include freshly harvested seasonal produce, rich in flavor and nutrients because we harvest when ripe, at the peak of nutritional content. While vegetables are the bulk of what you will receive, we do have some fruits that will be included as well. During the winter you will see more greens, root vegetables such as potatoes, beets and carrots, and onions. During the summer you will see more squash, strawberries, citrus, avocados, tomatoes, etc. As we are at the mercy of Mother Nature, your box will vary from week to week.
How does the membership work?
We have many different membership options to suit every family. First you choose the size of box you would like to receive, small or large. The small box feeds a family of 2-3 and the large box feeds a family of 4-5. Then you choose the frequency you would like to receive your box, weekly or every-other-week (bi-weekly). Lastly, you choose your pick-up or delivery location.
View pick-up Locations here | Click here to Join!
Why join a CSA?
1. The produce is fresh, organically grown and local. This is healthier than trucked in produce and it is less expensive too. Produce that has just been picked has more vitamins and minerals than produce that sits on store shelves.
2. Being a part of these local programs helps broaden palates by providing items that buyers might have never tried if it wasn’t made available to them by their CSA farm.
3. Money spent on a CSA membership goes directly back into the community, whereas money spent on produce trucked in from another country goes out of the country.
4. A CSA membership supports local farms. These farms are usually family farms & not large corporate entities. The family farm is something that is worth protecting.
5. Produce not available in stores can be found through CSA farms. For Foodies, this is a real treat. To eat better and healthier produce, joining a CSA is something everyone should look into. If you’re not a “Foodie”, don’t worry, our site has recipes that can be followed by even novice chefs.
6. Eating fresh fruit and vegetables is an important way to improve overall health. The produce available from a local consumer supported agriculture farm has more nutrient content then produce shipped thousands of miles to get to a store. The elimination of pesticides from the food supply is important to human health as well as important to the health of the planet.
For a better idea of what might be in your box and when, please see photo above.
Please note: Our harvest schedule is approximate and is subject to the weather, squirrels, gophers, coyotes, rabbits, birds and of course the hundreds of insects that like our crops as much as we do.