Community Supported Agriculture (C.S.A.)
What is CSA?
Weekly CSA Box Contents
Your C.S.A. box may contain any of the following (contents change daily depending on availability):
• Gourmet or Spicy Salad Mix
• Romaine or Red Romaine Lettuce
• Cucumbers or Zucchini
• Spring Onions or Onions
• Beets or Golden Beets with Greens
• Carrot Bunch
• Lacinato Kale “Dino Kale”, Kale green, or Red Russian Kale
• Oranges, Blood Oranges, Tangerines, Mandarins
• Parsley Bunch & Cilantro Bunch
• Arugula or Bok Choy
• Swiss or Rainbow Chard
• Meyer Lemons
What’s the difference between a small box and large box?
We normally put 2-3 extra items in the large boxes (small is 12 items) and (large is 14-15 items)
*Please note that boxes can vary from day to day, depending on Mother Nature and what is and isn’t ripe enough to harvest. If you are missing any of these items, we have included more of something else to compensate.
A Kind Reminder: Please return your recyclable box & ice-pack to the location you pick up.
Available for Add-On:
Local Honey, The Jam Lady Jam, Farm Fresh Local Grass-fed Ground Beef & Cerveza Ground Beef, Local Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Pork & Lamb (antibiotic & hormone free) Meat Packages that include farm fresh Pasture-Raised Grass-fed and Cerveza Beef, Lamb &/or Heritage Pork & more!
For larger quantities of farm fresh meat, visit our Sage Mountain Beef website at SageMountainBeef.com
Putting the Community in
Community Supported Agriculture
At Sage Mountain Farm, it is our mission to supply you with the most nutrient-rich, flavorful harvest from our fields. In the same way, we want to share nutrient-rich media content that inspires and nourishes your commitment to living your best life!
On the Sage Mountain Farm BLOG and social media, we share our passion for what we grow and the benefits we work hard to insure you get from your food! When we tenderly care for the integrity of our soil, harvest at the peak of ripeness, hand pick, pack and deliver with minimal time between, we can be confident that you are getting the most nutritious, delicious food possible. We love inspiring our health conscious members with ideas, health benefits and recipes so you can make the most of your CSA! Yet, there is this vast world of untapped resources available to us, in our combined potential.
When we come together in Community Supported Agriculture, as a community, we gain a special advantage. As CSA members, we share the same passionate pursuit of lifestyle wellness. At times, we understand that for some, it may feel more like a battle. But with the right teaching & skills, choices can become the weapons that win our battle over food. By sharing the little every day things we do at home to enrich, savor and preserve our health, together, we can make a big impact, not only for ourselves, but for future generations.
That’s why Sage Mountain Farm wants to hear from you! And so do our members!
Will you join us?
– Link on the photo above to join the conversation –
We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for supporting small family farms!
What is CSA?
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
Community Supported Agriculture has been a way for farmer’s to sell directly to its immediate community, for over 25 years. Basically, you the consumer, buy “shares” in the farm’s crops. In return for your “share”, or membership, you receive a box of organically grown, 100% local, seasonal produce.
What will be in my CSA box?
Your box will include freshly harvested seasonal produce, rich in flavor and nutrients because we harvest when ripe, at the peak of nutritional content. While vegetables are the bulk of what you will receive, we do have some fruits that will be included as well. During the winter you will see more greens, root vegetables such as potatoes, beets and carrots, and onions. During the summer you will see more squash, strawberries, citrus, avocados, tomatoes, etc. As we are at the mercy of Mother Nature, your box will vary from week to week.
How does the membership work?
We have many different membership options to suit every family. First you choose the size of box you would like to receive, small or large. The small box feeds a family of 2-3 and the large box feeds a family of 4-5. Then you choose the frequency you would like to receive your box, weekly or every-other-week (bi-weekly). Lastly, you choose your pick-up or delivery location.
Why join a CSA?
1. The produce is fresh, organically grown and local. This is healthier than trucked in produce and it is less expensive too. Produce that has just been picked has more vitamins and minerals than produce that sits on store shelves.
2. Being a part of these local programs helps broaden palates by providing items that buyers might have never tried if it wasn’t made available to them by their CSA farm.
3. Money spent on a CSA membership goes directly back into the community, whereas money spent on produce trucked in from another country goes out of the country.
4. A CSA membership supports local farms. These farms are usually family farms & not large corporate entities. The family farm is something that is worth protecting.
5. Produce not available in stores can be found through CSA farms. For Foodies, this is a real treat. To eat better and healthier produce, joining a CSA is something everyone should look into. If you’re not a “Foodie”, don’t worry, our site has recipes that can be followed by even novice chefs.
6. Eating fresh fruit and vegetables is an important way to improve overall health. The produce available from a local consumer supported agriculture farm has more nutrient content then produce shipped thousands of miles to get to a store. The elimination of pesticides from the food supply is important to human health as well as important to the health of the planet.
For a better idea of what might be in your box and when, please see photo above.
Please note: Our harvest schedule is approximate and is subject to the weather, squirrels, gophers, coyotes, rabbits, birds and of course the hundreds of insects that like our crops as much as we do.