Farm Fresh Pork with Squash and Apple
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (or if you are like me, the more the better!)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 1-pound Sage Mountain Farm pork rib chops, trimmed
- Freshly ground Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 1 Delicata squash, cut into 1-inch pieces (with skin)
- 2 organic apples, (peeling optional) and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium organic candy onion and 1 small purple onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Deli mustard (or honey mustard, depending on whats on hand)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
Total: 53 min Prep: 20 min Inactive: 5 min Cook: 28 min
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mix the nutmeg, 1 teaspoon garlic and the sage in a bowl. Cut up your Sage Mountain Farm fresh organic squash, apples, and onion.
Toss squash, apples, onion, with the remaining garlic, mustard, and season with salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
Or…. if you happen to be out of foil, like I was… spread out on a long cookie sheet with your herbs and coconut oil. Place in the oven on the upper rack until tender, 30 min.
Return the skillet to medium heat. Add 1/2 cup water, scrape up any browned bits and simmer about 2 minutes. Slice the pork and drizzle with the pan juices. Serve with the squash and apples. Give thanks… and enjoy!
Note: I actually pared this with a side of fresh arugula salad greens with mustard dressing. I was just too busy savoring this delicious meal to photograph it.
Thank you for visiting the Sage Mountain Farm BLOG!
Subscribe & follow
Comments, suggestions and questions?
Contact me directly: email@example.com
Visit www.sagemountainfarm.com & www.sagemountainbeef.com
for more information about our farm.
Together, let’s get healthy!
Many blessings to you and yours!