Bone Broth Recipe
On a chilly day like today, a cup of warn Bone Broth goes down smooth! It’s great cold on warm, summer days too! Bone Broth is not only tasty, it’s excellent for your health! It eases joint pain & makes your skin glow! That’s because Bone Broth contains Collagen. That’s right, the stuff they put in expensive skin creams, but it’s better to ingest it internally for the greatest benefit.
Collagen is what holds the body together. It is the most abundant protein in the human body, found in the bones, muscles, skin and tendons. Around the age of 25, our bodies start producing less and less of it. This results in things like wrinkles, joint pain, hair loss, and weak bones as we age. Getting collagen in through your diet can help you avoid these issues!
What’s you favorite type of bone broth? My favorite recipe is by Dr. Josh Axe:
BONE BROTH RECIPE
TOTAL TIME 48 hours
* 4 pounds Sage Mountain Farm Grass-fed beef, chicken, or lamb bones with marrow
* 4 farm fresh organic carrots, chopped
* 4 celery stalks, chopped
* 2 medium farm fresh organic onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
* 4 farm fresh organic garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
* 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
* 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
* 2 bay leaves
* 3 sprigs farm fresh organic thyme
* 5-6 sprigs farm fresh organic parsley
* ¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar
* 18-20 cups cold water
1. Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
2. Add in water.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce and simmer gently, skimming the fat that rises to the surface occasionally.
4. Simmer for 24-48 hours.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
7. Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.
Get farm fresh grass-fed Beef, chicken, pork or lamb directly from your local farmer!
Join our meat C.S.A. (Community Supported Agriculture)
Join Our Meat C.S.A. Today! Link here!
This farm is a labor of love and we couldn’t do it without our community & wonderful customers! Please tell your friends about us. Referrals are the greatest compliments & we appreciate them more than we could ever convey!
Let’s make small farms in our region stronger and profitable!
Visit www.sagemountainfarm.com & www.sagemountainbeef.com
for more information about our farm.
Check out our Recipe BLOG at www.sagemountainfarm.com/BLOG
Together, let’s get healthy!